A Returning to School Kit for Carers has been developed by Fostering Connections with DHHS and DET to support carers of children and young people returning to their school environment over the next couple of weeks.
Key topics include:
• Explaining the return to school and preparing for it
• Supporting children and young people who have been attending school during this time
• School refusal and dealing with heightened behaviours
• Supports available for carers
• Some worksheets, household plans and conversation starters